Mark Iffrig, Certified Public Accountant ** (206) 362-3484

This time of year most people who visit my website are looking for some help with their tax return. Here is what you need to know for 2011.

Looking for a tax accountant?

Please give me a call; I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you. We will start with a short discussion of your tax situation to ascertain if my service is your best option. If it is, we can make plans for next steps. If its not, I will do my best to point you in the direction where you can get the service that best meets your needs. Either way, I would be happy to hear from you and will help where I can, so give me a call.

Next steps?

Once we determine that you will get the best value by using my services, we will make an appointment to meet and further discuss your tax situation. To prepare for this meeting you will want to gather all of your 2011 tax documents and bring them with you.

Note that although an initial meeting with new clients can be useful, it is possible to have your return prepared without ever leaving the house. I will make this process as convenient as possible for you. So, if like so many people these days, your schedule is booked and you just donít have time for taxes, let me know and Iíll accommodate your needs.

What to bring?

For an individual return (1040), you can download the 2011 tax organizer. The organizer will serve as a guide that can help you gather documents and information that will be necessary to accurately prepare your return.

If you need a business return prepared or are a sole proprietor (Sch C), at a minimum, you will want to bring a copy of last years return, your fiscal year or 2011 financial statements, and detailed information of any fixed asset purchases made in 2011.

How long will it take?

Our initial meeting will take anywhere form 30 minutes to an hour. If you have a straightforward individual return, I may be able to provide you with an estimate of your tax bill before you leave.

My policy is to get all tax returns completed as quickly as possible. There may be a period where Iím working with you to resolve follow-up items, but in most instances your return will be completed within a few days.

I have my return, now what?

I will be your CPA all year long and my service doesnít end with the completion of your tax return. In most situations the best time to consider the tax implications is before the transaction, not when its time to prepare the return.

I encourage you to call with questions. In most case, I should be able to help you with a fifteen minute phone conversation and there will be no cost. In situations where a substantial amount of planning or research is required, we will first assess options that will achieve the best balance between tax savings and tax planning costs before proceeding.